Spanish for the Professions
This option is available for professors interested in adopting this textbook for use in a course. Students can purchase textbooks here: store.cognella.com.
This option is available for professors interested in adopting this textbook for use in a course. Your request may be delayed while we validate your status.
Cognella Active Learning
is available with this title.
Each chapter is organized into areas that introduce key infrastructural and cultural readings that encompass a different Latin American country. The student centered approach includes in-class presentations, dialogues, case studies, grammar, and vocabulary for professionals in the legal, public health, information technology, real estate, human resources, and banking and finance fields. The material is rooted in sound research and concrete practices that meet learning objectives in the classroom and the real world. In addition to mastering a new language, students learn cultural appropriateness and how to navigate specific aspects of their professions of choice in other countries. The final chapter, Los recursos humanos focuses on understanding and preparing the student for a job interview as a Spanish speaking professional.
The skills presented in Spanish for the Professions prime learners to successfully compete on a global scale as Spanish-speaking professionals. The book is appropriate for immersion courses at the intermediate and advanced levels.
Active Learning ISBN: 978-1-5165-4675-6
Cognella Active Learning is available for this title! Adopting instructors can provide students with dynamic online learning activities that reinforce key concepts from the text, provide engaging educational experiences, support various learning styles, and make coursework fun. Please note: students must purchase the Cognella Active Learning component to access the course activities online.
Cognella Active Learning activities for this title include:
- 9 unique learning modules that correspond to specific professional areas including the legal system, social services, dental health, medicine, banking and finance, law enforcement, housing and property, information and technology, and human resources
- 9 decks of digital flashcards, one for each learning module, to help students learn and drill key terminology
- 9 quizzes, one for each learning module
- 19 engaging videos in Spanish from a variety of sources that correspond to the topical area of each module; students are provided with a list of vocabulary words and phrases that are used in the video to sharpen their listening and comprehension skills; each video also includes discussion questions that can be used as assignments or independent comprehension practice
- 7 matching games that challenge students to match key terms and phrases to their English counterparts See a preview of the content
To see a full demo, please email us and one of our adoption specialists will follow up with you.