This option is available for professors interested in adopting this textbook for use in a course. Students can purchase textbooks here: store.cognella.com.
This option is available for professors interested in adopting this textbook for use in a course. Your request may be delayed while we validate your status.
The articles have been organized into six sections which cover globalization, international relations and organizations, human rights and humanitarianism, global health and the environment, human development, and culture and identity. Specific topics include global citizenship, the United Nations, nationalism, global economic inequality, human security, and intersectionality.
Rather than paraphrasing scholarly sources like a conventional textbook, International Studies presents a variety of perspectives on issues of global significance for readers to consider, evaluate, and analyze. Featuring work from important thinkers and compelling voices in the discipline, the anthology gives readers a clearer understanding of some of the challenges facing the world today. It is well suited to courses in international and global studies.
Cognella Active Learning is available for this title! Adopting instructors can provide students with dynamic online learning activities that reinforce key concepts from the text, provide engaging educational experiences, support various learning styles, and make coursework fun. Please note: students must purchase the Cognella Active Learning component to access the course activities online.
Cognella Active Learning activities for this title include:
- 16 engaging videos from a variety of sources that feature diverse thought leaders and address topics including key perspectives on globalization, cosmopolitanism, international organizations, the Human Rights Council, the economics of climate change innovation, sustainable human development, and more
- Dynamic flashcards that help students learn key terms and concepts
- 6 PowerPoint presentations, one for each Cognella Active Learning module, that students can use to review key learnings
- A discussion board to encourage collaboration, conversation, and thought leadership
- 6 online quizzes, one for each Cognella Active Learning module, totaling 185 questions to reinforce key learnings with students
- An interactive gradebook