Basic and Practical Microbiology Lab Manual
Cognella Active Learning
is available with this title.
Organized into seven modules, each featuring several laboratory exercises, the manual provides up-to-date exercises on microbial diversity and ubiquity, cultivating and staining cells for microscopy, bacterial metabolism, identifying unknown bacteria, controlling bacterial growth, symbiosis, immunology, and epidemiology. The written text engages students through real-world examples and practices, while easy-to-follow diagrams and figures help students complete the laboratory exercises with confidence.
Basic and Practical Microbiology Lab Manual includes a supplementary online component which offers videos of basic techniques, flashcards, games, and quizzes that prepare students for in-class tests. Designed for introductory courses at the college level, the book is ideal for the laboratory component of lecture courses in microbiology for both majors and non-majors.
Active Learning ISBN: 978-1-5165-1320-8
Cognella Active Learning is available for this title! Adopting instructors can provide students with dynamic online learning activities that reinforce key concepts from the text, provide engaging educational experiences, support various learning styles, and make coursework fun. Please note: students must purchase the Cognella Active Learning component to access the course activities online.
Cognella Active Learning activities for this title include:
- 12 pre-lab quizzes and 8 module quizzes, totaling more than 500 questions
- 8 video lessons and tutorials that provide a demonstration of technique and help prepare students for lab activities
- Clear objectives for each module that can be used to create student learning objectives
- Digital flashcards to help students learn and drill key terminology
- 7 study tool games to reinforce key concepts and help students prepare for quizzes
To see a full demo, please email us and one of our adoption specialists will follow up with you.